Well, we basically just got home from a day of family visiting. And not even my family (yet). We spent the afternoon and evening at a memorial service for Puese's uncle and then visited with his family after. It was one of those weird days, where I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do, or how it's going to be, so I forget that I just have to be me. I also took so much time worrying about it, because of the impressions of his family I've gotten from the way he and Axure talk, I forgot to eat. I talked Puese into making me some lunch before we left, and he made me a chicken quesadilla. I think there was cheese in it. It mostly tasted like bits of chicken in a quesadilla. Either way; not too healthy of a choice. But I appreciated it all the same. I did talk myself into having a tall glass of water before we left the house. Good thing too; that service was a bit long. Which was completely contrary to the image of the man that I was led to believe in. I was glad the impression I was given was wrong. And his family wasn't bad to be around. But I digress. Immediately following the service, there was a reception. It was there that I chose a small plate full of fresh fruits. I did have a few water crackers with various cheeses, but not enough to write home about. Half the table was desserts that people had brought. Homemade desserts! Including different types of brownies and cookies. I LOVE Chocolate chip cookies. So I did the only logical thing and chose the best looking one from the variety. But then time went on, and we stood around talking to people I didn't know about a man I'd never met, so I helped myself to another plate of fruits and one more cookie. It paired nicely with my ice water. After that; we went to the Italian place up the street from us and picked up a bunch of food for the family reception at Puese's aunt's house. It was good, but it was basically all bread. I guess that's the problem with Italian dishes. The pasta was good, and I didn't have too much of that. The pizza was good, and I chose one small slice of that. The salad had lots of stuff on it. I had a good size of that, and chose the vinaigrette dressing over the ranch, or whatever that heavy white one was. I was raised to at least try everything. I was also raised to finish everything on my plate whether I liked it or wanted it or not. So I did eat everything I took. And Puese brought me a chocolate chip cookie. It wasn't the same type, but it was good. I had a glass of water, but one of his uncles brought me glass of white wine, so I dutifully drank it. I did refuse the piece of cake that was offered to me, but agreed to the bite that Puese offered me of his. It was SO GOOD! But I didn't get my own. I instead invested myself in the bottle of water I was nursing until we left. I have no idea how tomorrow is going to go. Fuschia will be coming over, and we're all going out to eat at the Yard House or some such. I'll do my best, but I'm not promising anything. I will have to take another walk to the grocery store soon though. I have one apple of my own left, and the household supply of other fruits and veggies is running dangerously low. Except for oranges. We do have a nice supply of oranges. If only I could bring myself to eat fresh oranges. Maybe this is my opportunity to try it again. Regardless, I still need to walk. Move my body, muscles and joints. I'm not strong any more. All my muscle's been replaced with fat, and then some.
In other news; my hair's not as frizzy today. I did leave the towel on my head for a LONG time though. And I combed it when it was still super wet. It is very heavy, and is more wavy than curly like normal. Except at the ends. I did get a compliment on my hair today. I guess whoever it was couldn't tell that I don't wash it. that's a no-'poo Win!
No comments:
Post a Comment