Since I'd gone and purchased myself some cereal, I was able to eat breakfast when I woke up. Yay! Breakfast! There wasn't a super specific plan for the day, so not much got done besides posting posts I said I'd post. To myself, if no-one else. I was also finally able to do laundry. YAY, for clean clothes! Lunch was a super tasty sandwich with ALL THE VEGETABLES on it. My bread was super short, but that's okay. I piled my plate high with apples and carrots and watched Dr. Who with Axure until Puese got home. Dinner was a disappointment. We were given some pasta and bread roll things. It was too dang spicy for me. Even with a pound of cheese on mine I could not eat it. So I had to settle for rolls. I think I had 3. That's not good. But I did go to bed in a timely fashion. Comparatively that is. No monsters to think about this night.
Eleventh -
Breakfast was a go, once again! Yes, it was cereal. I like cereal. Puese woke up early and started cleaning the house. After he finished sweeping, a random Nerf war broke out! It lasted a few hours. Then I took a shower and washed my hair. I finally figured out a way to ensure that it's all getting cleaning agent on every part of my hair. Not only was it a brilliant idea (if I do say so myself) but it was also successful. I tried the no-poo thing with the recommended spray bottle. That lasted all of 3 sprays before the nozzle got plugged up. I had been good about pouring my mixture onto my hair and not straight down the drain, so I simply went back to that. The spray bottle has a twist top, and I'm not afraid of it leaking out. It was made for liquid after all. Anywho; what I've decided to do that works, to ensure that all my my hair gets clean, not just the roots was to apply my mixture to dry hair. Since washing my hair is the first thing I do in the shower, this just made sense. I went ahead and combed out any curly hair tangles I had, stepped into the shower and poured the no-poo mixture straight onto my dry hair. I pour it at the scalp in small doses and let it run down my hair to the ends. I have long hair, so this works really well, but takes about the whole bottle. After ensuring that all my hair is now wet, I massaged it into my scalp with finger tips. I also lightly rubbed the lengths to make sure it wasn't just getting coated. I got the idea from washing copper bottom pots. I generally put the baking soda straight onto the bottom of the pot, and then apply warm/hot water and work it back into it's original sheen. Lo' It worked on my hair too. I rinsed my hair thoroughly, then lightly squeezed excess water out. After which I applied my apple cider vinegar mixture liberally to my hair with a spray bottle. I opted not to comb through my hair at this point, but I did pile it atop my head as I finished my shower needs. (I do like my soap I made, it's made from soap, so it lathers great). When I was done, I lightly squeezed my hair so I didn't have giant puddles on the bathroom floor, then plopped my hair into my microfiber towel. I leave my hair in this upright turban until the towel pops off too many times in a row. At which point I let it fall. And let it go. Tadah! I have lovely wavy hair. And now; it's clean without ANY buildup! Super-D-Duper! I was getting kinda wary when people were like "You can only do this no-poo thing so long before you have to start the whole process over again, and wash it with a manufactured shampoo in order to get all the buildup out of it." That's not a direct quote. I will be looking into a moisturizing treatment though. My hair looks great, but it feels a little drier than normal... Anyways; after my shower, we three (Puese, Axure, and I) went out for Japanese food. I decided to not get my normal plate of tempura and teriyaki nonsense. So I got something with fish. It turned out to be more food than my normal plate, but I let myself eat only half the chicken and all of my veggies. The fish was a salmon skewer with squash on it... kinda odd, but it was good with the tempura sauce. Regardless; it was still too much food, and I'm thankful that we don't eat out like that often. Of course, we were right next door to the 168 Market, so we HAD to get some Mochi. mmmmm mochi... Mango of course, and we opted for the sherbet of it, instead of the ice cream, because it was a new brand there, and considerably cheaper. Dinner was pot roast with carrots and potatoes I had a tiny piece of meat, 3 halves of small potatoes and 2 big carrots. For the evening's festivities, we did something we don't normally do and went to a club. Yes; this was for one of my good friend's birthdays and we left shortly after 1am. Though it was about a 45 minute drive from home, so we didn't get to bed until after 2am anyway. Le'sigh. In brighter news, I was able to wear that skirt I made last week.
No comments:
Post a Comment