-----Author's Note----
The following and all proceeding entries have an air of melancholy and defeatist. They are full of excuses, and were written by a depressed me. More recently I've taken control of my mood and I CHOOSE to be positive from now on. I will leave the previous entries published so that I can remember where I came from and where I don't want to go again. (There were some good days, but not many.)
It's been a few weeks now, since I said I'd write this, but I am just now finding the time. My homemade deodorant project was a failure. Yes, it took a while to fail, but ultimately it did. Had some of my personal variables not been what they were, it may not have failed, but some things cannot be helped. For instance; if I had not started exercising again after I switched to my homemade deodorant, my armpits may not have become irritated by my sports bra rubbing them, and then would not have been susceptible to the pain and suffering that was to follow.
I did read about a few experiences from people who had similar experiences as me. So I knew this outcome was an actual possibility before I tried it. But I was hoping I wasn't one of the few to have to go through this.
As I stated above, my armpits became irritated when I started exercising again. They were fine with the homemade stuff up to this point. After a few days of exercising the redness started becoming a little bit painful. At one point my left pit turned brown, like it was scabbing over, after that is when they started to sting and burn. It was about a week or so after I started exercising again that I finally determined that I could NOT use the homemade stuff. And the pain was so fierce that Puese and I rushed out to buy something less abusive. I'm still not wanting to put aluminum on my armpits, so we picked up an aluminum free Tom's of Maine deodorant. It took a little while for the pain to cease, but after about a week, my pits were back to normal.
I am a little disappointed that the homemade stuff I made didn't work out. I know there are other recipes out there that I could try. Maybe one day I'll make another attempt at it. Until then, I'll stick with what I've got and hope for the best.
In other news: Yesterday was Day 30 of my Beach Body Challenged. However; with going crazy during the week before the Engagement Party, and now being emotionally exhausted after it, (Plus all of my aches and pains and whatnot's I mentioned the other day) I haven't been exercising at all. I am going to take today to clean up the Engagement Party pile that is taking over the dining room, and then maybe work on my creative project for the week. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to exercise again.
No comments:
Post a Comment