-----Author's Note----
The following and all proceeding entries have an air of melancholy and defeatist. They are full of excuses, and were written by a depressed me. More recently I've taken control of my mood and I CHOOSE to be positive from now on. I will leave the previous entries published so that I can remember where I came from and where I don't want to go again. (There were some good days, but not many.)
I'm feeling conflicted right now. On the one hand, I LOVE to dance, and I like eating healthy, I feel like I'm active, and I think I have energy. On the other hand, I'm not really seeing results. Okay, that's a little extreme. It's Day 16 of my Beach Body Challenge. I have, for the most part, been doing BOTH Rockin Body, and Hip Hop Abs. With the exception of last Tuesday, when I didn't exercise because I was still recovering from carbon monoxide poisoning. I've stuck to the exercise and meal plans, and when I can't eat what I've planned on at home, I choose healthier options when we're out for what ever reason...
Now, I know, from past experiences, that my body sometimes takes a bit longer to react. It never does anything drastically, (Unless it's blowing up 20+lbs while I'm on vacation). It's been two weeks, and I haven't really gone down in size at all. I took some measurements on the 12th of last month and compared them to today. My arms went down a collective 1" and my waistline went down 1/2". Since I do all my measurements myself, I count on there being some sort of leeway in my measurement taking. Not only do the "facts" tell me that my body's not changing, but then there's the old adage: "You'll feel it in the way you wear your clothes" Sorry hun, My clothes are still the same. I had to let out my belt a bit yesterday actually, when I switched to a new pair of jeans.
I am no giving up. I just wish my body would react a little more quickly to being shoved in the "right" direction.
No comments:
Post a Comment