I Quit... Kinda

On some level I knew it wasn't going to work out. On that same level is where I've always known the reasons why. If you hadn't noticed, I stopped logging in daily posts. I did make it a bit longer than I thought I would, and just because the logging stopped happening, doesn't mean I've given up. It means I hate keeping a log. Since I was a smaller child, people would give me special books for journaling, or diaries to keep all of my special thoughts in. For me, I was never one to want/desire to write in these. If I feel the need to write something down, I'll work out those thoughts and most likely never go back to them again. Keeping track of my daily routine or whatnot in a specific place has never been a thing for me. Likewise, keeping a log of anything is equally unexciting. I feel that it's, not necessarily a waste of time, but not the best use of time. It is, regardless, time consuming. I did the team beach body thing for a while, but it was too much to log in to the site, choose the exercise I was going to do, start it, finish it, log it, blah blah blah. If I'm pressed for time, I'm not going to take the time to do that, I'll get distracted and not do it. I also did the My Fitness Pal thing, same thing. Inputting all of the foods I've eaten every day is annoying. I don't want to do that for the same reason that I NEVER count calories, or measure my food out per serving size. It's tedious, boring, and unrealistic.
I do understand the usefulness of all of these things, and I appreciate them if they work. But if I'm not enjoying something, all it becomes is miserable work. I don't want to be miserable. I want to live life. I want to be happy and enjoy my own skin. The reason I started THIS blog was to explore exactly how I can do that. How can I be happy and healthy. Not miserable. It started to not be about that, so I quit. I just stopped logging. Then I found time to exercise, and I enjoyed it. There was no pressure on me to make sure I wrote it down, and "gloat" about it. There's no pressure for me to have to do it at the same time each day, unless I choose to.
All that said: lately I have been able to exercise on a more regular basis. Though, that's more of an irregular basis. When the living room is free, and I've eaten, I move the coffee table put in the Shakeology 30 DVD, and exercise while the gettin's good. If I wait, I loose my chance. And like I said, I've been enjoying it. Yes, I want my pants to fit appropriately. No, I don't want to be the super fat Bridesmaid in my friend's wedding. No, I don't want to be a super fat bride. I do want to feel healthy, and be happy. That is what it all comes down to. That is paramount, that is what's most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment