-----Author's Note----
The following and all proceeding entries have an air of melancholy and defeatist. They are full of excuses, and were written by a depressed me. More recently I've taken control of my mood and I CHOOSE to be positive from now on. I will leave the previous entries published so that I can remember where I came from and where I don't want to go again. (There were some good days, but not many.)
I really like it when others catch onto my crunchy habits. It makes me feel like I'm contributing positively to their health and wellbeing. Even if that person is only Puese. Recently he was complaining about his face breaking out and all the stress of his new job. He kept asking if I had face wash to wash his face, I offered him my oil each time, yet he opted to scrounge around the bathroom for face wash. He did find some and used it for a few days. But then he realized that his face wasn't actually getting better. So I was able to talk him into trying my oil cleanse method. Of course he told me it sounded ludicrous, and that you're supposed to do everything in your power to keep oil away from your face. Since I'm no expert my only argument could be "look at my face. I use oils to wash it." I finally convinced him, taught him how to do it, and he was hooked. He actually went to the store the other day to pick up the ingredients to make his own. It's funny, sometimes he'll say things like "it's time to oil my face again" or something similar. I agree, it does sound like a strange thing to do. Especially when All we hear about is how bad oil is for your skin. YAY!! My first crunchy convert. :)
Oil cleanse method: mix 1 part castor oil with 2-4 parts olive oil (ratios differ depending on your natural skin dryness). Massage on face (this is excellent at removing makeup as well). Get a washcloth wet with hot water and lay over your face (you can either let the heat steam your face or just wipe it off. It's more luxurious to let it steam your face). Repeat the hot wash cloth step until the oils off your face. Pat dry (or not). I find that if it leaves my skin too dry, depending on the weather, I can take a dab of the oil and massage it into the dry areas of my face. Just be sure not to use too much if you choose to do that. Granted; this is just what I do, if you still need more information on the oil cleanse method, I recommend googling it. That's how I was convinced.
No comments:
Post a Comment